This route through central Madrid will take you to some of the most iconic, must-see sights in the city that rose as Madrid shook off its ancient slumber and turned itself into a modern European capital, as well as the pleasure garden of kings that has become one of the world’s great urban parks. Discover soaring statures, a glittering palace of glass, and fountains that once watered a city. And that’s only a part of it! Are you up to for it? Solve the TripMonsters challenges and find out the stories behind the rise of Magnificent Madrid!
Here are some great things to know about Madrid Rises!
- We give you instructions about how to get to the starting point (see below). Once you’re within a couple of kilometres, you’ll see the starting point on a special interactive map so there’s no problems getting there.
- Once you’ve started, we’ll show you where to go next each time on the interactive map – it’s super easy to get from one location to the next!
- You don’t need to pay to go inside anywhere to enjoy the route. Everything is accessible outside or where places are free to enter.
- If you want a break, you can stop whenever you want and start again later. You can even come back another day and pick up where you left off!
- And like all TripMonsters routes, you can play Magnificent Madrid offline if you don’t want to use mobile data. Once it has downloaded (you have to be online for that!) you can switch off mobile data and enjoy the route. Just leave location enabled if prompted – this doesn’t use any data but you’ll need it to follow the map to your locations.
Plaza de las Cortes
Install the app and you're good to go
Simply download it, choose your route, and start exploring.