Heart of Melbourne
Discover the beating heart of Melbourne from its beginnings right up to today!
Heart of Melbourne will take you through streets that were settled at the very dawn of Melbourne and have been at the centre of the city ever since. Start from the fearsome jail where bushrangers were hel and discover a mythological creature, a tower inside a building, a soaring chamber beneath a dome, Victorian luxury and modern lanes which bustle with energy. And that’s only a part of it, with challenges and fantastic facts at every stop!
Here are some great things to know about Heart of Melbourne!
- We give you instructions about how to get to the starting point (see below). Once you’ve started, we’ll show you where to go next on a special interactive map so it’s super easy to get from one location to the next!
- You don’t need to pay to go inside anywhere to enjoy the route. Everything is accessible outside or where places are free to enter.
- If you want a break, you can stop whenever you want and start again later. You can even come back another day and pick up where you left off!
- And like all TripMonsters routes, you can play Heart of Melbourne offline if you don’t want to use mobile data. Once it has downloaded (you have to be online for that!) you can switch off mobile data and enjoy the route. Just leave location enabled if prompted
- this doesn’t use any data but you’ll need it to follow the map to your locations.
Old Melbourne Gaol
Install the app and you're good to go
Simply download it, choose your route, and start exploring.